Every afternoon I battle with how to keep my growing boys full, the door opens and they come in from school, dump their bags and immediately go for the fridge and pantry. I often bake a healthy brownie but I also find that they are probably best started on a savoury course with some carbs and protein so they don’t keep looking for food.
I love throwing ingredients onto a pitta bread base. I don’t have the inclination to make my own dough that much as it would be a full time job to keep them in stock so I tend to purchase a pack of store bought pitta wraps for convenience.
This recipe can have many iterations but I know the boys love it when I make the original.
- 250gm mince (lamb, beef or pork)
- 1 heaped tspn of coriander, cumin and cinnamon
- 3–4 pitta bread wraps
- small jar of passata
- handful of spinach &/or rocket
- 3 tblspns of greek yoghurt
- tblspn of freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees celsius & line 3 baking trays with paper
- Brown mince in frying pan with oil and spices
- Place pitta bread on trays and spread a tablespoon of passata onto each wrap
- Cover liberally each wrap with browned mince
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
- Out of the oven top with a few spinach and rocket leaves
- Dress with 1 tablespoon of greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of fresh coriander