- about 1.5 cups of almond pulp * (see notes)
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut (plus more for coating)
- 30g raw cacao
- 8 to 10 medjool dates
- 50g nut butter (I used almond)
- few drops of lime essential oil (I use Doterra)
- zest of 1 lime (plus more for coating with coconut)
- pinch of salt
- Blitz together in food processor until resembles breadcrumbs
- Roll into bite size balls
- Roll balls in a mix of coconut & freshly grated lime zest
The consistency is more fudgey & less crunchy as the pulp is slightly moist compared to blitzing a cup or so of nuts.
Make sure you really squeeze your * almond pulp & let it dry out overnight before using in a recipe. If your palate likes pretty sweet you might want to add a tablespoon or so of maple syrup but I think the dates make them sweet enough.
Let me know how you go if you give them a try – just might be my go to after dinner treat!