It’s an ongoing battle to come up with “healthier” snacks that keep the troops happy while satisfying all the tastebuds. There’s something about chocolate that makes it the most sought after, hands down delectable ingredient and my boys love this brownie recipe.
Super easy, quick and often served warm, out of the oven after school. taken me several iterations to fine tune this recipe but I’ve come to the conclusion that it is definitely a revelation. Low sugar, dairy and gluten free it’s a winner, and can be made easily in one bowl.
If you are like me you are trying your best to make more healthy treats for after school or snacks? So I reckon I have us a winner!
You can make this all in one bowl and its the easiest low sugar chocolate brownie I’ve made, that happens to also be gluten & dairy free too.
- 3/4 cup GF flour (100g)⠀
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (45g)⠀
- 1 tspn powered stevia⠀
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (30g)⠀
- 1 tspn GF baking powder
- 1 tspn baking soda⠀
- 1/4 cup vegan choc chips (if no dairy pref)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts or hazelnuts)⠀
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbspn vinegar⠀
- 1 tbspn almond milk (or any nut milk/coconut milk)
- 1 tspn vanilla ess⠀
- Preheat oven to 180 deg fan forced & line square baking tray⠀
- In a food processor or bowl mix all wet ingredients well
- Add all dry ingredients & fold through don’t overmix (if you are using a food processor don’t add the nuts or choc chips until the end & mix by hand)⠀
- Pour into try & bake for 20-25mins until the brownie springs back or a skewer comes out clean.⠀